Lease & Lease/Purchase Finance (Aircraft & Helicopters)
Trevor van der Merwe & Denis Winternitz head up this department
LEASE PURCHASE – INDICATIVE TERMS – SUBJECT TO CONTRACT
The key point of this proposal is that we are not the financiers. We collect the data required and present it as a “package deal” of aircraft and funding. If the application is rejected, for any reason, we are not responsible. Also, we supply and operate the asset, the finance is only available for aircraft purchased from us.
Any offer will follow these indicative lines:
- The finance offer is a DRY LEASE / PURCHASE. The deposit is refundable at the end of the lease period, after which the lessee (buyer) takes ownership of the SPV company which owns the asset. This can be VERY useful to most buyers. A wet lease ACMI can also be quoted upon request.
- A deposit depending on the type of aircraft, YOM, jurisdiction to be registered in, proposed operator, and risk profile of the registration country and the buyer etc.
- The aircraft will be owned in an IoM/BVI company (SPV) and the buyer will purchase the shares in the SPV at the end of the lease term;
- For the period of the purchase, the aircraft will be leased to the buyer;
- Upon final payment, 100% of the shares in the Company will be transferred to the buyer;
- The aircraft can be registered pretty much anywhere, within reason;
- The period can be from 3-15 years. There is no balloon payment option;
- The maintenance reserves for heavy inspections, engine restoration, etc. is paid to the SPV. Upon completion, this money is an asset within the SPV;
The engagement fees for the financier which includes the setup of the SPV, the legal fees and the aircraft evaluation is £30,000 and is paid upon acceptance of the basic funding terms (so after KYC, Risk assessment etc.)