MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul)
Helicopter & Fixed-Wing MRO
IAG have extensive knowledge in the planning, building, project managing and operating of small to large Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facilities specifically to handle any type of platform, from turbo-props, helicopters to fixed-wing (narrow and wide body) – this is to EASA Part 145 and also FAA approval.
Our MRO services include:
- MRO Feasibility Studies
- MRO Planning & Architectural Design
- MRO Build & Project Management
- MRO Staff Recruitment
- MRO Management & Operation
- EASA Part 145 Consultancy
- MRO systens, software and tooling suppliers
Malcolm Cox heads up our MRO and Engineering division. Malcolm has over 30 years experience built upon the solid foundations of a RAF Halton Apprenticeship and 22 years service in the RAF at home and abroad finishing his military career as an Engineering Officer. Since leaving the Service he has had a number of high profile appointments supporting some Europe’s leading low-cost carriers as a service provider with responsibility for continuing airworthiness management. As a practicing aircraft maintenance manager, he brings a strong commercial focus to the application of regulatory compliance – some of Malcolm’s experience includes:
- Albanian Airlines – Interim Technical Director – manage the transition from local Albanian approval to EASA Part 145 and Part M Continued Airworthiness Management approval, 6 months project, subject to two EASA Standardisation Team visits, the “roadmap” to approval was accepted and monitored. Project ended due to financial issues within the airline.
- Fly BN Limited – full responsibility for all aspects of the service provided to a worldwide community of 850 Islander, Defender and Trislander operators and active in the development of a military approval system based on the EASA approval systems. Responsibility for 30+ staff, annual budget of €10m+.
- Eurocopter UK – Interim Post Holder for Planning (McAlpine Helicopters) the role of the project was to restore CAA confidence in the Completions centre, provide EC UK with repeatable and accurate planning data to support sales function. Increased management visibility of the true cost of sales.
- Eurocopter UK – Business Process Re-engineering at EC UK, the role of the project was to remove surplus and redundant processes and procedures from the management system, focus on aircraft availability and customer satisfaction.
It is important from the outset to plan and cost your current but also future requirements and in most cases ensure an MRO centre can become a long-term profitable company – in many cases it is ideal to incorporate an aviation engineers school – teaching new engineers to International standards.
Please email over a short synopsis with your requirements or give us a call.